Wondering what the IFOA has to offer YOU? Here, in no particular order, are 37 reasons to attend the 37th edition of Toronto’s International Festival of Authors:
1. You follow Canadian cartoonist, Seth, and found out he designed our poster
2. You love Irish literature and the Festival is inviting a number of contemporary Irish writers.
3. You love the waterfront and the IFOA takes place at Toronto’s beautiful Harbourfront Centre, in the heart of the city and right next to the lake.
4. You attend every year.
5. You can rub shoulders with Toronto’s literary community.
6. October is the perfect month to cozy up to a new book
7. Your favourite author will be there and you just cannot pass up a chance to meet them.
8. You love #CanLit.
9. You have a few months to complete your new year’s resolutions to become a reader.
10. It’s the best place to encounter international literature.
11. You’re an aspiring writer and want to learn more about the industry.
12. You’re an established writer and want to learn more about the industry.
13. You need fresh book recommendations. Look no further!
14. Authors are your kind of celebrities.
15. You pride yourself in attending all the major festivals in Toronto.
16. Reading for pleasure is your favourite pastime.
17. This is your chance to meet authors you’ve been reading for years.
18. It’s the perfect book club outing.
19. You want to get your favourite books signed.
20. You like to plan ahead and a beautiful signed book is a perfect gift for that special someone on your Christmas list.
21. You’re a student and found out our events are FREE for you! Bring friends!
22. Where else will you find hundreds of prize-winning authors in one place?
23. You’ll be surrounded by other book lovers.
24. You don’t live in Toronto but found out that authors are toured around Ontario. They could be coming right to your hometown!
25. There’s something for all ages! The Toronto Public Library and IFOA are presenting Book Bash!
26. You are new to the publishing industry and heard that the IV (International Visitors) Programme, brings professionals from all over the world.
27. An IFOA stage is the best venue to hear an author read live.
28. You know you won’t have to go through Festival withdrawal, because there’s a weekly reading series throughout the year. Score!
29. You are hoping to meet a bookish crowd/mate!
30. You want to be part of a literary tradition that’s been going on since 1974.
31. You’re a librarian or teacher looking for new book ideas for your students.
32. You’ve followed us on Twitter for ages and now you want to see what the fuss is all about!
33. You want to visit Toronto and take in the best culture the city has to offer
34. You can get an awesome deal with our flex pass, and get 6 tickets for $90!
(Call our box office at 416-973-4000 for details/purchase inquiry!)