Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Toronto International Festival of Authors seeks a Marketing & Communications Coordinator to assist with the planning, execution, and reporting of all year-round marketing initiatives, including multi-channel promotional campaigns, database and ticketing systems, strategic partnerships, digital marketing, and coordinating media requests.
Position Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Direct reports: N/A
Key Relationships: All Festival staff, select Harbourfront Centre staff, and service providers.
Type of Employment: Full Time
- Assist with the development of marketing strategy and campaign plans, by providing research, data, and insight.
- Set up marketing systems and apply industry best practices for campaign delivery, including event logistics, ticketing systems, tracking mechanisms, and communication with other departments.
- Coordinate the deployment of marketing materials across multiple distribution channels (including print, digital, and out-of-home).
- Capture, analyse, and track marketing metrics and campaign results for evaluation and reporting.
- Manage department contact lists and database.
- Contribute ideas to group brainstorm sessions.
- Conduct competitive research to help identify new audiences, partners and promotional opportunities.
- Gather promotional assets from programme partners (including author headshots and biographies) edit copy, and package assets for production.
- Coordinate, distribute, collect, and analyse audience surveys.
- Oversee the production of marketing materials and content (including print, digital, and out-of-home).
- Coordinate media buys by booking space, and trafficking final creative content to media outlets.
- Proofread and draft copy for website, event listings, letters, forms, and promotional materials.
- Assist in the creation, deployment, and monitoring of digital content that grows audiences (including blogs, podcasts, video, photography and social media).
- Collect and organize all incoming creative material from third-party stakeholders (including logos, images, biographies, etc.)
- Liaise with organizational stakeholders (including government bodies, programme partners, hosts, delegates, and participants) in a professional and relationship-building manner.
- Ensure adherence to established organizational brand guidelines and positioning across the organization and by third parties.
- Conduct community outreach activities.
- Update content for third-party event listings and directories.
- Monitor media coverage and archive press clippings.
- Assist with the coordination of media interviews, and other third party requests for information.
- Monitor and update the marketing department calendar, and oversee the completion of tasks effectively and on time.
- Prepare and execute event booking contracts for the box office.
- Update database systems when necessary, and run queries and reports.
- Assist with training and supervision of volunteers, and seasonal interns.
- Assist with department presentations and meeting preparations.
- Assist with event logistics on-site during events outside of regular office hours.
- Other support activities as required.
Work, Health and Safety (WH&S)
All staff are required to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other personnel ( including volunteers and interns) who may be affected by their conduct.
Key Performance Indicators
- Successful and timely delivery of assignments.
- Maintaining communication with key members of the team.
Skills & Requirements
- Two (2) years experience working in a marketing or communications role, or similar function.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or arts management.
- Proven experience executing marketing or communications campaigns.
- Strong project coordination experience, including preparation and oversight of timelines, ensuring projects are completed on time, on brief, and on budget.
- Demonstrated relationship cultivation skills.
- Given the nature of our industry, the incumbent must possess strong writing and editing skills, as well as excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Superior organization skills for detailed, timely and accurate project coordination, as well as campaign tracking and coding.
- An understanding of digital marketing trends, systems, and best practices.
- Thrives in a fast-moving, collaborative environment.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, multitasker.
- Self-motivated, takes initiative.
- Confident, personable and persuasive communicator.
- Able to synthesize and communicate complex ideas.
- Previous experience in the use of:
- marketing automation systems (ie, Mail Chimp, WordFly)
- Google Adwords
- Facebook Business Manager
- Website metrics (ie, Google Analytics)
- CRM database systems (ie, Tessitura)
- content management systems for web (ie, Hootsuite, WordPress)
- Demonstrated interest in the literary arts / publishing industry.
- Experience working or volunteering in a not-for-profit, or arts/festival environment.
- Familiarity with design, and/or marketing production processes and managing approvals.
- Understanding of CASL, AODA and plain language guidelines.
The incumbent will be expected to work occasional evenings and weekends during the eleven-day Festival every October, and year-round events.
HOW TO APPLY
Please respond with:
- A cover letter outlining the qualifications and experience you would bring to the position, and specifying how you found out about this opportunity;
- A resume;
- Salary expectations.
Deadline for Applications: April 29th, 2018 by Noon
Please quote Job Reference # 18F10-ET
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Harbourfront Centre is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.
The Toronto International Festival of Authors is Canada’s largest and oldest literary festival. It has hosted over 9,000 authors from more than 100 countries, including 22 Nobel Laureates and countless other award winners, since 1974. Mandated to cultivate and advance the cause of literature, the organization presents opportunities for curious readers to meet, hear, and learn from the finest writers of our time, while providing Canadian writers a global forum in which to present their work.
Harbourfront Centre is a leader in providing internationally renowned programming in the arts, culture and recreation across a stunning 10-acre site at the heart of Toronto’s waterfront. For more than 40 years, Harbourfront Centre has celebrated the best in Canadian culture and the rich mosaic of cultures from around the world by curating over 4000 events annually across its ten-acre site from music festivals to contemporary dance, to craft and design to sailing lessons. There is something for everyone at Harbourfront Centre, year-round.